Applications should specify:
• place and date of birth of the Applicant, residential address and Fiscal Code (Personal Tax ID). In the case of Institutions or Companies, the relevant data, address, Tax number, VAT number;
• shelf mark of Library materials (with clear indication of the sheets, papers or pages) or inventory number of the works relating to the Gallery of Paintings (e.g. manuscript C 252 inf. page 12 – painting inv. 99)
• author and/or title of the work that they contain;
• type of photo reproduction (level of image definition in dpi, colour/greyscale) and reason for the application
• if a publication license is also required, applicants should specify the purpose and geographical area. The license for the publication of images, with the exception of the Codex Atlanticus, is to be considered free of charge in the case of contributions to periodicals of a purely academic-scientific character and circulation, and which are also planned to be printed.
Applications incorrectly formulated, sent to a different address or in ways other than those indicated will not be given consideration.
The applicant will receive by e-mail a cost estimate, relating both to the costs of the photo reproduction service and reproduction rights, if the application seeks a publication license. It should be noted that this procedure is intended to supply images exclusively in electronic format.
Cost estimates which fail to receive a reply within 90 days of sending will be considered forfeited and the transaction cancelled.
Unless otherwise indicated by the applicant, the invoice will be registered in the same name; prepayment is required.
The Library reserves the right to refuse authorisation at its sole discretion for reproduction of materials in a state of preservation liable to be damaged by handling.